Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pause Override  (Read 574 times)

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
Pause Override
« on: December 23, 2008, 02:30:54 pm »

Or some such option in the Init file, that way I can set my already established fortress to run for a season or two and not have to worry about it pausing every time a gem is discovered or the Caravan arrives.  Once I have a good closed system going I like to just check in time to time to see how chaos has affected it, even to the point of destruction. 
The only thing is, it seems like such an obvious sudjestion, but I searched and found nossing.  SO there it is.
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Pause Override
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 05:26:37 pm »

A search for the word 'pause' brings up a few things, actually.    It's been suggested before, and is one of those UI type tweaks we're all hoping Toady sneaks in eventually.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 07:39:19 pm »

edit: wrong thread
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 07:46:36 am »

theres a program called "dwarf companion" i think, might be something else, but it has an Unpause function which keeps the game unpaused, and also lists when the game tried to pause.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.