Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d: Dwarves immobilized by thirsty right feet  (Read 783 times)

SifuT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
40d: Dwarves immobilized by thirsty right feet
« on: December 19, 2008, 01:23:49 am »

I have two dwarves who will not move. One has a thirsty right foot. The other has a dehydrated right foot and a hungry lower left leg. One is my carpenter, and simply will not go to her workshop to make things. She's currently stuck in the craft workshop, and will not stone craft either, claiming some problem about needing non-economic stone. I'm afraid both of them will die where they stand. They won't go to their bedrooms to sleep, and so on. Argh!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: 40d: Dwarves immobilized by thirsty right feet
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 04:47:29 am »

They don't actually have thirsty feet and hungry legs, it's a coincidence that the icon for thirsty/dehydrated/hungry lines up with a body part. It just means that the dwarf is thirsty/dehydrated/hungry. Get your dwarves some booze/water to drink and food to eat.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 06:06:04 am »

One is my carpenter, and simply will not go to her workshop to make things. She's currently stuck in the craft workshop, and will not stone craft either, claiming some problem about needing non-economic stone.

You've just build your workshops so, that dwarves, who built them cannot exit. All exit's are blocked by impassable workshop tiles. Mine them out!
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 10:45:37 am »

One is my carpenter, and simply will not go to her workshop to make things. She's currently stuck in the craft workshop, and will not stone craft either, claiming some problem about needing non-economic stone.

You've just build your workshops so, that dwarves, who built them cannot exit. All exit's are blocked by impassable workshop tiles. Mine them out!

Or.  Deconstruct the workshop.

SifuT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 01:37:49 pm »

Impassable workshop tiles?!?! Ack!

Thanks! Glad it's not a bug, as I've got a SWEET fortress going with a chasm and all sorts of goodies.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 05:37:20 pm »

From the in-game help:

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside