Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Caravan arrives w/o liason - again!  (Read 772 times)

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Caravan arrives w/o liason - again!
« on: December 10, 2008, 10:09:21 pm »

I started up a game in 40d and have twice gotten the dwarven caravan but haven't seen my liason yet.  The game's worldgen parms tweaked to encourage high resource density so I could start 5x5 with all necessary resources and more live megabeasts (my start year was 50) but is otherwise vanilla. 

Is this a bug, expected but unusual behavior (re: I'll get a liason eventually), or did I screw something up by changing my parms?

Spoiler: worldgen data (click to show/hide)
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Dwarf Caravan arrives w/o liason - again!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 10:34:25 pm »

What was the notable changes for more megabeasts and higher resource density?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Hamster Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 06:54:32 am »

Sometimes the official liaison for a fort dies of old age or some unrelated incident. It's rare but does happen.

Try generating the world again, see if it repeats.
So there's that, as well. It looks like the only chronic problems that water can't cure are nausea and cave spider bites.
Which, coincidentally enough, can be cured by magma.

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 03:50:24 pm »

What was the notable changes for more megabeasts and higher resource density?

Everything non-vanilla is contained in the worldgen parms - click on the spoiler tag to see them.  But briefly - I set world generation to end between 50 and 150 to preserve megabeasts instead of the default year 1000 or so.  I increased rivers, savagery, and base elevation some and volcanism a lot to encourage a lot of mountain/sedimentary layer closeness. 
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!