Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Displaying the new hair/fur/scales/etc. changes  (Read 2772 times)

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Displaying the new hair/fur/scales/etc. changes
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 05:49:28 pm »

Um, he's already tackled polymorphism where the different stages/castes can be completely different.

Oh good, then we can have a phoenix that has a circular life cycle egg -> bird -> egg -> bird, where killing any one stage will simply drop a phoenix egg and ash.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 06:08:19 pm »

Um, he's already tackled polymorphism where the different stages/castes can be completely different.

Oh good, then we can have a phoenix that has a circular life cycle egg -> bird -> egg -> bird, where killing any one stage will simply drop a phoenix egg and ash.

Nop, I don't want to see immortal creatures in my game. Sooner of later the whole world would be filled with Phoenixes.  ;D

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 06:29:33 pm »

Nop, I don't want to see immortal creatures in my game. Sooner of later the whole world would be filled with Phoenixes.  ;D
Not if they don't breed.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 06:48:04 pm »

Not if they don't breed.

Egg-zactly.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 08:04:49 am »

Not if they don't breed.

Egg-zactly.

Fair 'nuff.  :D

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 11:53:35 am »

No, I believe he's said he doesn't want creatures morphing into totally different body types just yet because it would make a real hassle out of stuff like wound and inventory inheritance.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 11:59:45 am »

Something along those line G-Flex

Which sorta makes sense... how do you handle a four legged creature who has lost his front leg who transforms into a humanoid?

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 03:48:58 pm »

Which sorta makes sense... how do you handle a four legged creature who has lost his front leg who transforms into a humanoid?

Yes it makes sense, but in that case having shapeshifters in the game is out of question. :-\
That would be a cool feature.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 04:37:25 am »

<joke type="obvious">Carefully?</joke>
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.
Pages: 1 [2]