Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Insomniac Dwarves  (Read 410 times)

Majorlag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Insomniac Dwarves
« on: December 10, 2008, 11:27:09 pm »

Can anyone confirm that dwarves will never sleep if their only option is to sleep on a cage trap?

I stationed a recruit on a cage trap, set him to sleep on ground. He eventually became drowsy but would not sleep until I stationed him on the square next to that one. I set that test up because my previous test, involving the hammerer and a room with nothing but cage traps, a well, and a dumped-but-reclaimed food barrel led to a really pissed off and really really drowsy noble a couple months later.

And before you ask, yes, I am up to no good.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 11:33:32 pm by Majorlag »
The True Adventures of ___________

Insight into the minds of Dwarf Fortress Players - Random Quote of the Month:
He once spent a week visiting a cave in which there lived seven giants.  Each day, he would come in, track down each of the giants, and beat it to the point of unconsciousness.

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insomiac Dwarves
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 11:28:56 pm »

IIRC there used to be a lot of problems with dwarves sleeping on traps, so I'd guess they have aversion to sleeping on traps now. Though I can't confirm for sure, and by the way, don't try to sell him back to Mountainhome, he might escape from the cage  ;D

Majorlag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insomiac Dwarves
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 11:32:21 pm »

An aversion I get, but that hammerer was locked in that room a very long time and never slept. Am I just not patient enough?
The True Adventures of ___________

Insight into the minds of Dwarf Fortress Players - Random Quote of the Month:
He once spent a week visiting a cave in which there lived seven giants.  Each day, he would come in, track down each of the giants, and beat it to the point of unconsciousness.