Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Dwarven traders arriving with corpse-cages (Mac)  (Read 442 times)

Lucien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Dwarven traders arriving with corpse-cages (Mac)
« on: December 14, 2008, 05:02:11 am »

The Dwarven traders are arriving with the pets I requested, but every cage is full of corpses instead of actual pets.  Thankfully, this makes them very cheap.

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Dwarven traders arriving with corpse-cages (Mac)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 11:45:48 am »

The pets can't survive in your biome and so they die.  It's not so much a bug that they're dead, but more like that the traders bring them in the first place.  It's been reported before, though.

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 05:59:41 pm »

Yeah, that's the problem. The animals freeze and die on the way to you. Glacier forts I don't think can get any surviving animals via traders that aren't native to that biome, mountain biomes can get critters, but they will slowly die from the cold.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 06:36:20 pm »

I have a freezing mountain fort where people keep getting mysterious wounds.  One guy bled to death on the inner side of my moat.  A lot of other people have frozen to death.  In their bedrooms.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 11:27:47 pm »

A good way to test whether your map is too cold to survive in is to try and place a meeting area outside. If it's 'deathly cold' you can't do it.

I've had fun ordering shipments of 'beef' from the humans on my glacier. The kobolds freezing to death or running away before they can steal anything is just an added incentive.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.