Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40c]. Imported wealth counts attackers' bling  (Read 763 times)

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40c]. Imported wealth counts attackers' bling
« on: December 07, 2008, 02:17:09 am »

In my most recent fortress, my imported wealth is usually 3600 (look up the Roth Num thread for details: I have no immigrants, no caravans).  But sometimes, it is much higher: 7k or even 10k.

When the value is high and I put a dwarf in a location to which an ambush could path, the framerate visibly suffers for a bit.  When the value is low and I try the experiment, there's no framerate problem.  This is my evidence for claiming it is ambushers that affect the value.

What it means is that I can open the gates when the value is low, then call everyone in as soon as imported wealth grows.  Even if I were an honest man, it would be hard not to notice it accidentally in my case.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [40c]. Imported wealth counts attackers' bling
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 03:31:53 am »

I think it might be neglecting the "not yours" flag on invader equipment, though I'm not sure.  The wealth calculation itself respects that flag, so it must be when they are generated.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40c]. Imported wealth counts attackers' bling
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 12:00:51 am »

The attacker gear properly prints in parens like all other imports, and import wealth goes down when I forbid or destroy the loot after it's been detached from the attacker.  This may or may not relate to what you just said.