Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clothing becoming refuse  (Read 2259 times)

sorbius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clothing becoming refuse
« on: December 26, 2007, 12:55:00 pm »

I think it would solve alot of problems if clothing became 'refuse' once it had degraded to a certain point and then have it lose it's 'owned' status.  This would, I think anyway, cause dwarves to pick up discarded clothing and toss it in the trash. and then they would seek new clothes if available.
keepin' it real for atleast the last 5 minutes.

Dumatoin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clothing becoming refuse
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 02:02:00 pm »

+1

this is very annoying.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 04:03:00 pm »

It's such a good suggestion that it was suggested but a few days ago  http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=002183
 :p

sorbius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 04:17:00 pm »

The other post was about changing the clothing code so at a certain point it is removed by the dwarf, stops having an owner, and is marked for dumping.

I was saying have clothing change it's type to refuse at a certain point.  which would make it fall off the dwarf, mark it for dumping, and i don't think refuse can have an owner.

Maybe the difference is not big enough to start a new post, but it's too late for that now.  I know nothing about coding this sort of stuff, but I would think it's easier to write code to make an item change types then to write a the code to do all the things that the other item type already does.

keepin' it real for atleast the last 5 minutes.