Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game Window is bugged  (Read 909 times)

van

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Game Window is bugged
« on: December 06, 2008, 07:18:17 pm »

so I downloaded the game and put mayday's graphic mode over it but now whenever I start a game, it wont work in full screen because "Mode Switch Failed" and no matter what I do to the .init the window mode is as big as my screen and I can only see half the text up in the upper-right hand corner as apposed to when I first got the game and is ran in a rather small rectangular window which I liked, so can someone help me?

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Game Window is bugged
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 07:54:52 pm »

Edit your init file.  Look it up on the wiki, 'cus I don't feel like doing so for you.  No idea about the "Mode Switch Failed" thing though, but I doubt it's a bug.  Probably ought to have looked around first.

van

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 08:20:50 pm »

ok, it turned out my download was corupted

Zeta

• Bay Watcher
  • Insane guy with a fox civilization
    • View Profile
    • Kitsune Zeta's Domain
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 07:29:11 pm »

"Mode Switch Failed" is usually caused by a fullscreen resolution that your monitor doesn't support, and this usually only happens at startup when the game automatically tries to make it run in FullScreen. for a good portion of us with widescreen monitors, trying to run the Mayday Graphical mod release without tweaking the resolution and grid size will result in the same message.

basically, your problem is most likely this: "Dwarf Fortress cancels Full Screen: Full-Screen Resolution not supported"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:33:18 pm by Zeta »