Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Treadmills  (Read 1956 times)

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Treadmills
« on: August 19, 2007, 06:56:00 am »

As an alternative to the water mill, one could have a treadmill. That would, of course, require dwarves to walk in it. Or mules or horses, of course. It could be a retiring spot for those dwarves who have lost arms or are blind (the blind were traditionally used in treadmills because they were less susceptible to the motion sickness caused by walking in one).

Of course, treadmills are useful not only for grinding wheat, they can power bellows, lifts, pumps, and siege engines too.

Okay, okay, so I'm mentioning this just because I want to stick people in treadmills. (It could be a minor punishment...)

I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treadmills
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 06:57:00 am »

Dwarven justice anyone?

I'd rather its used for soemthign else, perhaps to turn something on (example turning a pump on requires power, and so you have a dwarf joggign in there)...

I don't like how it depends on A particular dwarf to run, what happens when they die?

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 08:50:00 am »

Get a new dwarf.
So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 09:14:00 am »

I imagine any dwarf without anything else to do would go there, or you could assign it to a particular dwarf. With the introduction of dwarven justice it would be manned by dwarves with that punishment when available, perhaps handicapped dwarves if available, and if none of the above are available, any dwarf with hauling (or something else) enabled would take turns?
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 08:03:00 pm »

I'm wondering who will be the first one to record a Dwarf Fortress music video with treadmills.