Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's in store?  (Read 2525 times)

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's in store?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 11:43:35 pm »

Nope.  Some dwarves are just lolligaggers and stay outside anyways.  Occasionally you'll get the amazing immigrant who just sits where they entered the map and doesn't move no matter what the orders are.  Eventually they go berserk and start moving.  'Tis an odd bug.

This only happens when you have no meeting area.  Designate a meeting area, and all migrants will make their way directly there.

If there is no meeting areas, dwarves will just wander around pellmell.

Viprince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 01:44:57 am »

The dwarves stay indoors forbids anything which is on an "outside" marked tile and makes your dwarves want to go inside. DUH. but if let's say you have a little mining shaft out there it ll count as inside and some dwarves ususaly miners will jsut go in there waiting for the baddies to come slice em up. it's easily controllable just put an hatch on the down stiars n problem solved. This should keep your dwarves from running outside to get dead meat loot although the order all dwarves stay indoors also cancels every job everywhere outside so nothing gets done anymore. You can however mass designate areas as forbidden so your dwarves lose interest in them completely so even a free pair of pigtail socks won't catch their eye. Go in "d" then "b" and select forbid item/building and forbid away! All forbidden stuff will show with a green background so you tell easily. This keeps your dwarves working outside without jumping into blood thirsty goblin's arms.

monzill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://Yahoo
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 08:03:52 am »

Alrigty, so until I get the bulk of my outer perimeter built (fortress wall around the lava moat with 2nd story arrow slits, and enough tree storage to be able to not have to cut for a few years), I guess I just gotta forbid. But can anyone confirm that the multiple Z-axis bug was fixed (I remember it being a problem). I wanna set up a crossbow security force to patrol the wall and I wanna make sure they'll be able to shoot from their moderately secure position.
f you are reading this, you have fallen victim to the Trust Virus. If all of you could delete your hard drives and erase all data of you on the internet, that''d be helpful, thanks.

Ashery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 12:49:24 pm »

Alrigty, so until I get the bulk of my outer perimeter built (fortress wall around the lava moat with 2nd story arrow slits, and enough tree storage to be able to not have to cut for a few years), I guess I just gotta forbid. But can anyone confirm that the multiple Z-axis bug was fixed (I remember it being a problem). I wanna set up a crossbow security force to patrol the wall and I wanna make sure they'll be able to shoot from their moderately secure position.

They can shoot from a couple levels up, although they have a blind spot equal to their distance above ground level, so it's recommended to put a trench in of the same size.

Yami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 07:34:34 pm »

Or say... A lava moat...
Is it a bad sign that I purposefully deface masterwork engravings because I understand the importance of the throwing skill?

monzill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://Yahoo
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 12:32:26 pm »

I'd like to thank Yami for that useful bit of informatino on how game mechanics work amd I'd like to thank yami for his(her?) attention to detail.
f you are reading this, you have fallen victim to the Trust Virus. If all of you could delete your hard drives and erase all data of you on the internet, that''d be helpful, thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]