Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Engraving gone mad!!!  (Read 1531 times)

Xime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Engraving gone mad!!!
« on: November 27, 2008, 08:45:17 pm »

I'd post an image, but it's only text anyway...

"Engraved on the wall is a masterfully designed image of Melbil Helmsmodest by the dwarf by Melbil Zonernam.  Melbil Helmsmodest is engraving.  The artwork relates to the mastrful engraving 'The Helmed Rawnesses' created by the dwarf Melbil Helmsmodest for The Floor of Sands at Narrowtraded in the late autumn of 204."

It's a dwarf's master engraving paying homage by engraving another dwarf who's engraving its master engraving...  I wonder if the other master piece is of another homage to a dwarf engraving its master engraving...   You know, a dwarf engraving a dwarf, engraving another dwarf....   :P

Ha, anyway, I thought it was insane anyway...

socially_inept_butterfly

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes cows for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving gone mad!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 09:02:21 pm »

When I saw the title I thought "Engravings gone wild!"
and then
"This is a master engraving of Urist McGirl, Urist Mcgirl is holding up a skirt. This relates to the strip club founded by Urist Mcgirl in the early summer of 206"
Urist Axebeard, Mayor, has banned the export of brains.

Xime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 09:12:12 pm »

I dunno, everything is engraved...  I might find something like that eventually...

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 09:27:03 pm »

My favorite engraving ever was of the engraver engraving about the engraving he was engraving.

If you can follow that.  It was a self-referential engraving.  Made me think of one of those hallway of mirror pictures that recede into infinity.
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 11:13:29 pm »

My favorite engraving ever was of the engraver engraving about the engraving he was engraving.

If you can follow that.  It was a self-referential engraving.  Made me think of one of those hallway of mirror pictures that recede into infinity.

Those things rule. If you look at the right angle, the reflections slowly fade in a circular direction that is only faintly curved. Just image, like a mile wide circle formed up by clones of you.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 11:54:03 am »

Thats not the right angle then. It should recede in a line parrel to your eyes.

(Not QFE)