Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bedroom blocks  (Read 994 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
bedroom blocks
« on: November 26, 2008, 02:27:51 am »

So I had an idea.

I will make a cluster of 8 rooms with a dining room in between and a mausoleum behind them. This will be my basic plan for my housing, districts with the lot. Will this work? It's a moot point because I'm doing it anyway but I would like more experienced peoples opinions too.

EDIT: I just realized the inherent problem behind mausoleums. they can only be used once.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:32:37 am by Jackrabbit »

QuantumSawdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: bedroom blocks
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 02:30:27 am »

Nothing inherently wrong with the plan - really depends on how you set it up exactly. Somewhat similar to the floor plan I use, actually.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:51:58 am »

I tend to do apartment blocking, but I've been toying with the idea of segregated partitions - mini-forts, if you will - per profession. I.E. have a subfort of eight (glassmaker, jeweler, 4 fuel/pearlash processers, novice cook and novice brewer both as interior haulers) with the appropriate workshops, supplied food from the central stockpile and an interior farm to contribute to it. In the event of an insurmountable siege, this and other forts would be able to lock up and survive independantly of the others.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 12:20:58 pm »

I did that in a recent fort, except I replaced the dining room with an emergency evacuation stairway. These were only features for my higher-ranking dwarves, as 25 stairways going all the way to the surface would be tough to plan around, given that everything was in the same pattern as the bedrooms.