Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wrestlers stuck together?  (Read 700 times)

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wrestlers stuck together?
« on: November 25, 2008, 01:08:38 am »

I noticed that two of my champions are in the process of starving to death/dying of thirst.  I figured it must have something to do with sparring, but when I put them on duty, and even switched their weapon preferences in an attempt to make them move and not die they just remain stuck in the same place. 

Is this a common problem in this version?  Is there any way to save my champions, or are they essentially walking corpses?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wrestlers stuck together?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 03:47:38 am »

this is a really weird bug that apparently no one knows how to fix.

look here for what i believe is the exact same problem that wasn't fixed:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=27134.0

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 04:02:22 am »

Thanks for the response.  I guess I have to just hope that the champion with no immediate family and only two friends dies before the champion with three siblings and a mother and father. 

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 05:09:03 am »

This migght have been tried by others if it's a long-standing bug, but did you try channelling/building a floor/workshop on the squares containing the wrestlers. 
The situation reminds of the simpsons, tho: "Zookeeper, zookeeper those two monkeys are killing each other."
Maybe even just cave in the area around them and hope for the best, or try using the "all dwarves stay indoors" option too.  Like I say, these have probably all been tried, but it's worth a shot to save a champ.
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 11:28:43 am »

Cave in dust should work to get the dogs of war apart

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 05:50:55 pm »

Alright, so building shops/walls on them didn't make them move.  The builder-dwarf just stood around until they died before claiming that the site was blocked by their corpses.  Tried to drop a floor on their heads, but it seems they were either supporting the free-floating tile with their bodies or I did it wrong.  They died before I could build and drop an artificial floor.  They also died simultaneously, so I wasn't able to check to see if the survivor disengaged. 

The good news is that the mother and father are still ecstatic, the siblings at child age are unaffected or bedridden due to firemen, and the only one affected by the whole thing was a baby, the youngest sibling of one of the champions.  I'm sure he'll get over it.