Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Screw pumps and noise.  (Read 573 times)

NTheGreat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Screw pumps and noise.
« on: November 23, 2008, 05:22:22 pm »

I'm planning to create a pumping tower to move water into a reservoir on top of my fortress, but the only available place I can put the tower involves it passing right next to my housing area. will operating pumps connected to a power source generate a lot of noise?

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screw pumps and noise.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 06:16:33 pm »

I don't know, but this I'll say.

Stop caring.

No matter what you do, your dwarfs are pretty much going to hear noise from something anyway. Be it constructing furniture for a noble, chopping wood outside...
Reality is for people who lack imagination

toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 06:21:43 pm »

i dont recall seeing any serious complaints in the one fort where i actually got the waterfall to work before it was bogged down in processor issues.

if it does..just give em a platinum statue or something...thats the advantage of dwarves. just give em a lil loving and they forget the abuse.
-Toast-_

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 07:19:00 am »

i have never noticed any noise problems personally.....but then again i tend to devote a whole floor towards residential area.....it doesnt seem to bother my dwarves that there is a rushing waterfall and channel on the other sides of my walls......but then again...i dont know about pumps....i still dont know how they work.....last time i tried to make a pump i flooded the fortress......and my volcano......stupid desire for obsidian.....
There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.