Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GearHead  (Read 4375 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: GearHead
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 06:51:00 pm »

Bali Ma...

Balima!! Schopti dei!!

Kali ma, kalima!!!

Resurrecting the thread.  This game owns so hard.  I tried for like an hour to get graphics to work, apparently I was stupid that day, tried it again and did it in like two seconds.  Previous posters are right, the graphics suck, ASCII is awesome.  I can't get enough of this game.  The only problem is I don't like regular fighting.  Shop inventories are randomized, and I can never find ammo for my Cone Rifle.  It only carries 9 bullets, so I'm carrying around two.  Mecha combat, however, is incredible.  I was fist-fighting a Buru-Buru in the Hogye arena, and out of nowhere I turned my Laser Cannon on him and blew his head off.  Note to engineers:  Head-Mounted Cockpits, while cool, are NEVER a good idea.  Sadly, salvage wasn't allowed, or I would've taken the mech for myself.

Are there eventually mecha battles in the real world, as opposed to just arena fights?

EDIT:  Roguelike mode is easy now, I bought a scythe with a monomolecular edge.  Cuts through enemies like butter.

[ June 01, 2008: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

Shoes...

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 07:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
<STRONG>
Are there eventually mecha battles in the real world, as opposed to just arena fights?
</STRONG>

Oooh yeah. After a certain point, you get random encounters with mecha. Quite a large number of missions involve going somewhere and blowing a bunch of enemy mecha up.
Check out my books at O and H Books

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 07:42:00 pm »

Sounds coolsauce.  I had a brush with death earlier, my first loss in a mecha fight, got hit in the head in my head-cockpit Corsair.  I ejected in time, so I got out, and I got to keep my Mech.

A guy just told me to touch his thief.  Chat is weird.

[ June 01, 2008: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

Shoes...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 11:58:00 am »

I used to play it a while ago. I'm waiting for gearhead 2 to become a lil bit better.

Crnobog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 03:40:00 pm »

Ah, I used to play a lot of GH1, I once even beat up that living island thing as well as that giant biomechanical beast from the underground lab, good times.

A fully augmented half-man, half-machine piloting a jetfighter packed with nukes and huge particle beam launchers, that's how I roll (also a few extra wings and big fuckoff thursters to lift it all up)

krige

• Bay Watcher
  • [TILE:dwarf:fire]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 11:06:14 am »

Beaten the game several times.

Love my hyper-modded Fortress Savin.

Love my robotic lancemate.

Love my pin rifle.

Sheriff of Nottingham: That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
Pages: 1 [2]