Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Dead Frontier  (Read 12973 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Frontier
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2008, 09:37:24 pm »

Well, if you haven't made a shop thread that directs to your character, you can put the stuff up and I'll be able to snag it when I get a chance.

EDIT:  The forums are down, due to a "breach in security".  That sounds fun.

EDIT2:  My very first chainsaw...  Friggin' sweet.  It was quite a bargain, but I was still scrambling for cash for a while.  I had to sell my crowbar in order to get the cash but hey, I've got a chainsaw to take its place!

Besides, I saw some gal selling a crowbar for $500, which is a really nice deal.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Frontier
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2008, 02:49:25 pm »

*Ahem*...  Is anybody still playing this?

Anyways, I recently killed my first miniboss (greenie) by chewing him up with my chainsaw for a while...  A looooong while.  I thought he'd never go down, but eventually he did and I got to grab his precious loot!

A combat knife.  Whee.

Strange thing was, he was in the very same place I encountered the other green meanie.  After I ran back through the running hordes, barely managing to fend them off with my puny chainsaw (what is it with this thing?) and made it back to the base.  After using the browser-refresh exploit a couple times to bump me to nicer placs (I.E., closer to the outpost). 

I earned level 11 that way.  So, I patched my suit up, equipped the combat knife, changed a few things around and went back out to see how I fared with a "normal" weapon.

On average, I killed zombies faster with my $250 combat knife (aprox. worth) than I did with my $1600 Dolmar PS (what I paid).  I feel cheated.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]