Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Microcline  (Read 1865 times)

Athisus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Microcline
« on: November 18, 2008, 07:51:56 pm »

If anyone else is frustrated by the random pockets of microcline tainting otherwise perfectly good layers of stone, fear not, for there is a realistic solution. I personally am frustrated by the worthlessness of microcline as nothing more than a funny looking stone. I decided to fix this by trying to mod in Amazonite as a gem into the raws with the environment set for microcline. If my sources are accurate, this is geologically correct. Now I won't have to moan and complain whenever I get a pocket of microcline. (if this works) Yay! Just thought I'd share.

(wasn't sure on the value so I put it at 3 so as to not throw off the game balance)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Microcline
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 08:51:35 pm »

Err...  Was there supposed to be anything that that last statement about the three would go to?
Seems a bit useless to have a statement about why you have a token set the way you do when...
I don't see any tokens.
Code: [Select]
Tokenize in code tags!People generally don't like it when you make a post about some tiny mod like this and then you don't post it.
Sure, it'd probably be trivial to make for a lot of us, but...
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 09:16:06 pm »

Err...  Was there supposed to be anything that that last statement about the three would go to?
Seems a bit useless to have a statement about why you have a token set the way you do when...
I don't see any tokens.
Code: [Select]
Tokenize in code tags!People generally don't like it when you make a post about some tiny mod like this and then you don't post it.
Sure, it'd probably be trivial to make for a lot of us, but...

Congratulations, you've found the snarkiest, most verbose way of saying "Please post your mod."

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 09:20:02 pm »

No, I could make it much snarkier and/or verbose if I wanted to be absolutely cruel to the new guy.
But yeah, that's basically the gist of it.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 02:12:13 am »

you could have just asked...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 02:23:22 am »

Hey, Athisius! Yes, it's a solution you offered here. Another one is to change the color of microcline in raws to something less "bright and funky", and it's ok.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 06:07:05 pm »

Hehe. I also went that route. I've started adding in interesting things to all of the various 'pocket' minerals. Some real-world, some not. But it makes me much happier to find them, knowing I can get useful stuff out of them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One