Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mod request.  (Read 3203 times)

A_Big_Bear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod request.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 07:33:41 pm »

In my lust to fulfill your need of a relative to the demons, I found out, like Rysith said, that [INTELLIGENT], and [CAN_SPEAK]  seems to cancel out the siegeing, and that, if you don't mind them coming three season a year instead of four, I used fall instead of autumn as a active season. Don't fear thou, it's pretty simple to remove. The Devils already have [CAN_LEARN], and [CAN_CIV], so all you have to do is remove the [INTELLIGENT], and [CAN_SPEAK], then they'll start the sieging. If you don't mind them coming three times a year then you won't have to change [ACTIVE_SEASON:FALL] to [ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN], or if you want to delete the ones I put up, and reinstall the reeditted correct ones in my last post then that's fine.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 08:07:53 pm »

In my lust to fulfill your need of a relative to the demons, I found out, like Rysith said, that [INTELLIGENT], and [CAN_SPEAK]  seems to cancel out the siegeing

It doesn't cancel it, but it does mean that they are capable of negotiation, and thus peace. Civs in DF tend not to go to war with each other, since they only know about crushing each other completely (and not territory gain, harassment into tribute, raiding, etc.), so a civ will only go to war if it thinks that its army can completely destroy the other civ's population. While this makes goblins unlikely to die in world gen (since nobody wants to go up against their demon leaders) and the elves create massive zerg rushes (since they can throw 600 elves at someone, then die because they have wooden spears vs. humans with iron), it also means that unless you start with your dwarven civ already at war with someone, it's very uncommon to actually start one without caravan harassment etc.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

sdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 09:57:51 am »

I've been thinking of making an "end game" race for a while, that show up when your fortress is well established.

Will be either Demons or Giants i think.

sdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 10:03:01 am »

I think i have the answer actually:

U want sieges? In the first autumn, before my chaos dwarves got their caravan thru, the dwarves attacked. I survived. Next year dwarves came, and undead. I survived. Next year the dwarves didnt come, but the undead did, and orcs. I survived. Next year they ALL came and i think i should abandon fortress now bcos I have 30 chaos dwarves left and no standing miltary.

My legendary miner went beserk and killed 3 more before my drafted militia got him.

Funnily enough the gobbo's never attacked me - they must be taking a break.

Only the undead can't speak.

I basically added Undead, Orcs and Chaos Dwarves to my civ list, giving undead an advantage in starting pop and possible # civs - they get wiped out otherwise. All the other races are [Intelligent].

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 01:02:57 pm »

I've been thinking of making an "end game" race for a while, that show up when your fortress is well established.

In my game I have created seraphs and fallen seraphs that show up in summer and winter respectively and can't talk, so they will always attack. They will only show up when you population reaches 4 of 5 right now, I think, but they have to because they are immune to pain, exertion, fire (including dragon), paralyzation, fear, stun, nausea, and traps, don't need to breathe, eat, eat, drink, or sleep, don't bleed, have extravision, and can fly. They also have cold and heat damage points which mean they can be exposed to just about anything except magma, they can open doors and go into martial trances, have a damage block of 500 and a size of 25, have a ton of body parts because they have 6 wings, have a natural in-game speed of about 10000, and their three main attacks do 4:36:BURN, 4:24:PIERCE, and 4:12:BLUDGEON.

Basically this means that the only possible way that you can kill them is to submerse them in magma, chop off their head, or bisect their lower or upper body. I even had an adventurer once during testing that had several limbs chopped off and had fallen 16 z-levels with red on every single body part and it was still alive until I got tired of the 40 enemies on top of me and quit.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

sdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 01:56:06 pm »

In my game I have created seraphs and fallen seraphs that show up in summer and winter respectively and can't talk, so they will always attack. They will only show up when you population reaches 4 of 5 right now, I think, but they have to because they are immune to pain, exertion, fire (including dragon), paralyzation, fear, stun, nausea, and traps, don't need to breathe, eat, eat, drink, or sleep, don't bleed, have extravision, and can fly. They also have cold and heat damage points which mean they can be exposed to just about anything except magma, they can open doors and go into martial trances, have a damage block of 500 and a size of 25, have a ton of body parts because they have 6 wings, have a natural in-game speed of about 10000, and their three main attacks do 4:36:BURN, 4:24:PIERCE, and 4:12:BLUDGEON.

Basically this means that the only possible way that you can kill them is to submerse them in magma, chop off their head, or bisect their lower or upper body. I even had an adventurer once during testing that had several limbs chopped off and had fallen 16 z-levels with red on every single body part and it was still alive until I got tired of the 40 enemies on top of me and quit.

lol nice. I presume just one would waste a fortress or do they attack in force?

Also - something i couldnt find on the wiki but you might know - Progress Triggers. How much population is 2,3,4 and 5? And what values for trade/production etc? Have you worked it out or did i miss it in the wiki somewhere?

For my end game race I meant to have an army of demons/giants who can take a beating and give it out - but I didnt envisage anything so nasty as you've described in your seraphims.

[Note] I didnt abandon my fort yet - they've calmed down now. Down to 29 Chaos Dwarves and now finally the Elves came to see me. Yay. Ambush with wooden weps ftl.

"Migrants refused to journey to such a dangerous fortress this season" x2 ><
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:00:04 pm by sdu »

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 02:10:48 pm »

Small question on sieges: Is there a way to increase the number of enemies that siege you at a time? For instance, change ~20 attacking in the beginning to ~100 ;D? I know after a while the numbers increase, but I'd rather large-scale battles early on.

Also, can multiple entities siege in the same season?
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

sdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 02:29:02 pm »

I had the undead siege me 2 seasons in a run but i havent had 2 entity's in the same season - yet.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 02:43:11 pm »

To i2amory:

I tend not to like things quite that invulnerable, since it tends to turn into a binary thing: Either you can path them into the magma, or you die horribly. There isn't much struggle. You also want lower speed, not higher.

To sdu:
I'm not sure where the exact boundaries are, but you can track them with the "z" screen. outpost-hamlet-village-etc. is the population triggers, bookkeeper up through hoardmaster is production, and I'm not sure about trade, but the first one seems to be at about 2K exported wealth.

To Vaiolis: Number seems to be directly related to how many of their triggers you have hit. If you set all of the triggers to one, you'll get lots, very early. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a good way to get lots a few seasons in.

Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

sdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 03:17:34 pm »

To sdu:
I'm not sure where the exact boundaries are, but you can track them with the "z" screen. outpost-hamlet-village-etc. is the population triggers, bookkeeper up through hoardmaster is production, and I'm not sure about trade, but the first one seems to be at about 2K exported wealth.

Ohh. Thanks for that o0. Ill try and record when the names change so I can get an accurate figure.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 02:40:35 am »

To i2amory:

I tend not to like things quite that invulnerable, since it tends to turn into a binary thing: Either you can path them into the magma, or you die horribly. There isn't much struggle. You also want lower speed, not higher.

It is possible to survive, I have done it once or twice by locking myself in and then shooting them until they couldn't do more than nudge enemies, then unleashing tons of dwarves armed with slashing weapons simultaneously. And they only appear when your population hits marker five, so most forts never actually reach that high. Lastly, the good thing is that since they are immortal there is a set number, and quite a few get killed during world gen, so it is technically possible to outlast and seraphim civilization by just killing every single one off.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 [2]