Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embarking on hostile sites  (Read 1506 times)

Javis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embarking on hostile sites
« on: December 17, 2008, 11:29:43 pm »

One of the things I used to enjoy in the older versions was embarking on a goblin fortress and taking it over by force.  In the newer version since the world gen changes, though it seems that every goblin fortress on the map has either been taken over by a friendly civilization or that the goblin civilizations are on friendly terms with my dwarves, because all the units already populating the dark fortress are listed as friendly in the unit list.  How can I get back the hostile takeover scenario?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embarking on hostile sites
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 11:52:31 pm »

You can't, as far as I know. You could always pretend that they're hostile and hide from them, I guess.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 12:32:09 am »

Hide and go seek fortress anyone?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 06:11:58 am »

Before the worldgen replace goblins' [INTELLIGENT] with [CAN_CIV] and [CAN_LEARN] (so they don't have [CAN_SPEAK]) in creature_standard.txt and all the goblins in the worlds will be hostile.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 08:51:16 am »

bleh. i had this issue. every goblin fort i tried was full of elves! best one had a gold plated masterwork engraved temple thing in it, and a brook at the top of the cliffs overlooking the fort with underground roads under it. there was one elite goblin wandering around who was all friendly.

still got the save file on my old pc, as soon as i get it working i want to try drowning all the elves out. and the legends mode for the place may be interesting. i wonder why that one goblin was running around.