Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legendarily Lazy?  (Read 741 times)

koruth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legendarily Lazy?
« on: November 24, 2008, 10:49:11 am »

I've got a couple of elite wrestlers in my castle that I've started training in other weapons (swords and shields right now, spears are next) trying to make some multi-legendary military dwarves for guarding purposes.  Problem is, the wrestlers seem to have stopped sparring...  They dueled themselves up to 'proficient' sword-shield dwarves, and have completely stopped. 

I've had them switch weapons, and that didn't work.  I've tried deconstructing and reconstructing the barracks, no dice.  I tried building a bigger barracks, still nothing.  Throwing new recruits into off-duty squads only makes the recruits spar with each other, never the legendaries (not that I'd blame them, but still.)  I can't un-then-re-recruit the wrestlers because they're champions, and yes I'm sure they're off-duty...

Only thing I can think of that would cause it is one of the wrestlers has blood in his eyes from when we broke into the underground river.  Damn frogmen.  That was about six *years* ago though, the blood should be gone by now... Tried locking the dwarf in one of the floodgate chambers I made while building my tower cap farm, flooding him out for a few minutes to see if water gets rid of the blood.  Nothing.

Any ideas to fix the wrestlers?  Any idea how to clean blood off a dwarf for that matter?  Can YOU believe it's not butter?

thanks.

Tayrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendarily Lazy?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 10:57:02 am »

When you 'v'iew an affected wrestler, check their 'w'ounds and use numpad '+' to scroll down, do they have any injuries to brain, neck, upper spine or lower spine? If so, this will prevent them from sparring ever again, though they can still train with archery targets and gain experience in actual combat.

koruth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 11:00:53 am »

Ah right, forgot about that.  Show me for not playing much with military.  Darn, I'm too paranoid to keep the gate open and just send em out to train...

Ah well.  Thanks.

The blood thing still bothers me though.  Even if it's just a harmless tag, any ideas for removing it?

Tayrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 11:35:12 am »

According to this post, cleaning your dwarves may be possible, but I haven't tried it myself yet. For all I know, they may just get covered in an additional layer of water when you try cleaning them.

Even if you do manage to clean them, I expect they'll still become covered in some blood again whenever they head into battle. I'm not sure if that would bother you though, since you could still clean them again.