Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dtil Tile Editor - Terrain ID for Magma Vent?  (Read 849 times)

Sabin Stargem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dtil Tile Editor - Terrain ID for Magma Vent?
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:36:52 pm »

One of my projects some time ago was to create an Magma to Obsidian chamber, and I got most aspects of it done.  Unfortunately, since my map doesn't actually have lava from what I can tell, there is a need to find a way to generate magma.  What I am thinking of is to generate a Magma Vent with Dtil, and to place one in a sealed Bauxite Chamber to act as  a perpetual lava reservoir.  There is just one problem though:  I don't know how to use Dtil's tile editor to make it.  Does anyone have experience with this?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dtil Tile Editor - Terrain ID for Magma Vent?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 10:32:55 pm »

One of my projects some time ago was to create an Magma to Obsidian chamber, and I got most aspects of it done.  Unfortunately, since my map doesn't actually have lava from what I can tell, there is a need to find a way to generate magma.  What I am thinking of is to generate a Magma Vent with Dtil, and to place one in a sealed Bauxite Chamber to act as  a perpetual lava reservoir.  There is just one problem though:  I don't know how to use Dtil's tile editor to make it.  Does anyone have experience with this?

You can just change the Flow setting to yes, the flow amount to seven, and the flow_magma question to yes. It creates a single square of nice ol' magma to burninate all alive.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.