Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cultist Dwarves  (Read 1012 times)

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Cultist Dwarves
« on: November 16, 2008, 06:12:04 pm »

To start, I am running a Mac and therefore to my knowledge cannot run Dwarf Companion.

I need to forcibly change my starting sevens' diety so I can have a good faith-base for my temple fortress. Can anyone assist me?

The first person to do so gets to name the master torturer.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 04:20:50 pm by Warlord255 »
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Bah, nevermind
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 08:31:48 pm »

We really need a delete thread option.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 09:08:02 pm »

And a [RELIGION_MONO] entity token.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 10:19:31 am »

If a civilization worships a [POWER] creature, all members of that civilization will worship that one entity. 

Plus, it's possible that it might show up at your fort if you reach the requirements for a king.  This has not been tested, to my knowledge.

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 04:03:06 pm »

I played a mod with dark elves. They worship demons and see them as rulers. When my King arrived, it turned out to be the demon of worship. A tentacle demon.

I was never quite able to boot that fort up without snickering softly to myself.

Also, these dark elves were bloody mental. Like they'd been churned through a strick Ironblood training program.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 04:20:31 pm »

If a civilization worships a [POWER] creature, all members of that civilization will worship that one entity. 

Plus, it's possible that it might show up at your fort if you reach the requirements for a king.  This has not been tested, to my knowledge.

I have been considering that, but I'm wary of overlapping with goblins; will they only worship a POWER creature within their spheres?

The thing I'm going for is slightly-evil dwarves worshipping a torture god, for this fort's theme, kill the heretics and all that. If I give them an evil creature to worship, then they might not war with gobbos or the orcs I added, courtesy of Rysith.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
Re: Cultist Dwarves
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 09:08:29 pm »

Entities will worship a power with matching, or closely overlapping, spheres.  If they use evil animals, etc., they will worship an [EVIL] power; I think the same holds true for [GOOD].

Standard demons, of the sort that goblins usually worship, have torture as one of their spheres.  If you want to avoid overlap, you'll need to either change that, or remove [EVIL], or remove the 'uses evil stuff' tags from the goblin entity.  If one of the latter two options, you'll probably want to give the goblins something else to worship.

It's possible to match a power to a civilization, but avoiding overlap can be a bit tricky.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 12:39:46 am »

Yes they will show up, though they can't do any jobs and a lot of other weird things happen to them, one of my friends had a titan show up as a queen because I gave them the [POWER] tag.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 04:47:15 am »

Yes they will show up, though they can't do any jobs and a lot of other weird things happen to them, one of my friends had a titan show up as a queen because I gave them the [POWER] tag.

Yea, I saw that thread, interesting shit.

I've decided to abandon the [POWER] modding for now and do a de-facto cult instead. Another time, perhaps.