Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do new civilizations behave (adventure mode)  (Read 611 times)

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do new civilizations behave (adventure mode)
« on: November 15, 2008, 07:20:01 am »

Hey, I was just wondering what modded-in civilization settlements look like in adventure mode. Are they a replication of human ones with the appropriate shops or something?

And might this change with the overhauling update?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: How do new civilizations behave (adventure mode)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 08:04:44 am »

It depends on what their default site type (this is in the entity's profile).  If their default is the same as the humans, their towns will look like human towns.  If it is a forest retreat, they will just land in some forest and call it a city.

These are the tag and the variables:

[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:(city type)]
TREE_CITY
CAVE
CAVE_DETAILED
CITY
DARK_FORTRESS

I believe that is all.  Currently, there is no way to mod in new city types.  It may be on the developments page, but I'm not sure.  If it isn't, go ahead and make a suggestion for a low priority goal.  It sounds like it would be cool to do.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 11:56:55 am »

There is also a RUIN type...but its just an empty piece of land with some random boulders.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 12:46:31 pm »

But if I remember correctly, than [liKES_SITE:RUIN] will cause them to migrate to ruined cities of other civs.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 01:26:10 pm »

But if I remember correctly, than [liKES_SITE:RUIN] will cause them to migrate to ruined cities of other civs.
Wait . . . wait . . .
Something's coming . . . This may give me an idea (in a bit) . . .
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember