Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mighty Record Keeping Warriors  (Read 2053 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mighty Record Keeping Warriors
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 05:59:20 pm »

Oh crap, i was looking at the thread title and it hit me,

great idea: tv show reminiscent of mighty morphin' power rangers, except called Mighty Record Keeping Rangers! They can be dwarves wearing tight colorful uniforms that fight the megabeasts that come from the witch on the moon. they're secret identities are of course clerks and accountants.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 06:34:03 pm »

This^^

And there is no intelligence...

This explains so much.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

sev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 12:39:55 pm »

My records have achieved the maximum precision looong ago, yet my Bookkeeper / Hoardmaster barely leaves his office, always having the "Update Records" job tasked.
He's long since gone legendary, so i don't know if he's getting any XP. Never used this for military training either.
But he definitely does not care about the records being perfectly precise already.

It may have something to do with the dwarf's personality.

Mine mostly stayed idle, rather than updating records.  I just replaced him with a different hoardmaster, who "...is organized", and she spends much more time updating records than the previous one did.  Well, she's also not as good at it as the previous hoardmaster was, so she's probably slower -- but your hordemaster is legendary and still spends the time, so I'm guessing it's a personality thing.

And, as someone else mentioned, the Manager position is also a decent trainer if you queue a lot of jobs, though pump operating requires less oversight.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 01:56:41 pm »

My legendary record keepers are usually given armor and told to attack the surrounding fauna with an ax. They are unusually adept at this; even at dabbling they can kill animals in one hit.

czolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 10:22:18 pm »

Record Keepers appear to do work proportionally to how rapidly your stocks are changing.  If you make/destroy/change a lot of things, they need to spend more time updating.
Sic sum in ignis; sic sum quiritatio

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 12:52:31 am »

Makes perfect sense.

Most of my soldiers spend their time either as Royal/Town Guard, and therefore socializing and sparring, or as woodcutter/hunters, or just hauling and pumping.

Really? A random stat gets increased? How cool. I need to set more dwarves to pumping.

Best of all, it's eminently practical. Waterfalls are win and awesome.

James Sunderland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 09:32:05 am »

Record Keepers appear to do work proportionally to how rapidly your stocks are changing.  If you make/destroy/change a lot of things, they need to spend more time updating.

Well I'm currently running on a boom/bust plan for my food and alcohol, so this should work well for me.
Until I embarked on a map with an aquifer, I had always taken rocks for granite.
Pages: 1 [2]