Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves suspending construction  (Read 928 times)

L

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves suspending construction
« on: November 22, 2008, 10:24:25 pm »

My dwarves have the nasty habit of suspending construction of random building occasionally. Most of the time I just unsuspend them, clear up some access if they seem blocked etc. and boom problem solved. It would be nothing but a harmless annoyance but they've suspended the construction of my Trade Depot and refuse to begin work no matter what I do. They strange thing is I had a TD in the exact spot before I tore it down because I was having trouble targeting a door next to it. The doors gone so that shouldn't be a problem, and not much has changed since they built the last one. But this time all they do is suspend it. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Update: Claimed the items from the goblin that died on my build site, dwarves no longer suspended, thanks all for help
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 03:34:54 am by L »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves suspending construction
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 10:45:39 pm »

What is the message for the suspending say?  Do you have any forbidden or already tasked items on the build site?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

L

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 11:35:24 pm »

Thank you, apparently a goblin must've died in the intervening time, and goblin equipment auto forbids correct? That should solve my problem, I feel kinda dumb now. Thanks.

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 11:36:30 pm »

Normally, if a dwarf tries to build a building where there's already something on the ground, the dwarf will move those things out of the way as part of the building process (watch a dwarf build a wall over a stone, for instance).

But if even one of the items the dwarf is trying to build over is tasked for something else -- even hauling it to a stockpile or dump -- then the dwarf is unable to move the item.  Suspended construction results.
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 05:04:56 pm »

Thank you, apparently a goblin must've died in the intervening time, and goblin equipment auto forbids correct? That should solve my problem, I feel kinda dumb now. Thanks.
Well, it's a setting that you can change now. It's useful because now civilians won't rush into a bloody battleground to try to get a narrow thong off a dead body. 
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme