Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Secondary Weapons?  (Read 663 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Secondary Weapons?
« on: November 07, 2008, 12:01:40 am »

i've notice that its possible to order a dwarf to carry 1 or 2 weapons whilst hunting or soldiering. what i don't know however is what this entails.

Would a dwarf do just what it says? carry around 2 of the same weapon? or is it possible to make them carry a different secondary weapon?

i can see this as being useful if so, because say for example you could order a marksdwarf to carry a mace or sword or something that he'd pull out when he ran outta bolts. That'd be cool, but is it possible to do anything like that?

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Secondary Weapons?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 12:46:37 am »

They will carry two of the same weapon, but the second is a spare and most likely won't see use.  If you have modded two-handed weapons, they need to be set to use two weapons.  This will probably all change in the next release, praise Toady.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
Re: Secondary Weapons?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 01:32:22 am »

i've notice that its possible to order a dwarf to carry 1 or 2 weapons whilst hunting or soldiering. what i don't know however is what this entails.

Would a dwarf do just what it says? carry around 2 of the same weapon? or is it possible to make them carry a different secondary weapon?

i can see this as being useful if so, because say for example you could order a marksdwarf to carry a mace or sword or something that he'd pull out when he ran outta bolts. That'd be cool, but is it possible to do anything like that?

marksdwarf will use their crossbow as hammer then run out of bolts (or sword if using a bow)

the secondary weapon is just if he lodged his weapon in some goblin and he got off, or without a shield if he loses one arm with the mainhand weapon, the dwarf will use the other hand with the second one, and so on. so its just a saftey weapon :>
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."