Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just when you thought you were ready...  (Read 973 times)

Zander J

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Philosopher
    • View Profile
Just when you thought you were ready...
« on: November 05, 2008, 08:28:23 pm »

it was another busy trading day at Bellsshrines. the human caravan had arrived, and the dwarves were busy carrying our acquired goods back to the fortress when CURSE THEM goblins appeared. i set all dwarves indoors (they stood there confused-stupid dwarves) but the humans slaughtered the few goblins rather quickly. i was being wary, as there are normally reinforcements, when i got a message i had never seen, or even heard of: "A Human has sprung from Ambush!" another ambush party, lead by a human, had appeared. these raiders were killed by the bodyguards again, when the same damn message and another ambush appeared. these killed a merchant's horse and were loitering when (wouldn't you know) CURSE THEM more goblins appeared. all the hostiles then ran off the map. my question: what just happened?!?!?!?
Quote from: Toady One on January 21, 2012, 09:22:43 pm

Dwarves are still stupid.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just when you thought you were ready...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 08:31:54 pm »

I notice humans accompanying goblin attack forces sometimes, and get the occasional human ambush message. Usually like 1 human with 4 or 5 goblins.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 09:01:22 pm »

Goblin baby snatcher victims are violated by their demigod demon deity until they become slaves to the whims of the goblinoids. They are then integrated into their dark society as willing slaves and often lead raiding parties in a bid to raise in ranks and escape the racial discrimination

On occasion elves are captured in such numbers they displace the original goblins entirely and a race of dark elves is spontaneously born

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:13:04 pm »

Awesome, thats what happened.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 09:16:30 pm »

Ah, goblins and their foolish child liberation plan.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 09:21:19 pm »

Thos damn commies goblins.....

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 11:06:34 pm »

I love goblin snatchers. They take away those USELESS, USELESS babies.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 11:19:05 pm »

Kolbolds hold the high-score for thievery over goblins for me.

Stole the pants right off my mason and made it off the map past 3 intercepting squads of axemen.
I was actually thinking to myself "Go man, go!"

I hate baby snatchers. Leads to unhappy thoughts, which leads to the mother's suicide, which leads to tantrums, which...

Drunken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 12:53:19 pm »

I have had lots of elves humans and even dwarves in my ambushes. I have two goblin civs ambushing me so its most of the year round
A stopped clock is right for exactly two infinitessimal moments every day.
A working clock on the other hand is almost never ever exactly right.

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 01:06:23 pm »

In my latest fort, looking at the civ screen for the goblins, it's a goblin ruler, followed by about two pages of elves.
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.