Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Distanttombs - Knee deep in dead[dwarves]  (Read 812 times)

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Distanttombs - Knee deep in dead[dwarves]
« on: October 13, 2008, 10:46:25 pm »

This is the Story of Ruthoshrakust "Distanttombs"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

5th Sandstone 444 - The names Domas Shrinearches, After years of etching out a living as a miner I tried my hands trading - ended up so far in debt that I wouldn't be in the clear even if I managed to sell the last hydra. Never deal with Goblins and Fades... that's was started all this.

I was to broker an arms deal between The Bodice of Shades and The Circumstantial Doom,  both fringe groups trying to grab more power... BoS has a long history of not being able to hold onto captured cities.
That's when the Titan struck, it was Niwora Tomelistens the Past Oak. Legends spoke of her, more specifically of nearly 160 lives she has felled. That day she added another 8 to the toll.

3 days later rescue came. Dwarves of the Guild of Breaching, more importantly they had BOOZE with them.
After a season recovering I decided to join a an expedition. I could put my mining skills to good use and with now economy to worry about my debt would be behind me. Today we set out, we are to be known as the Trussed Sword.

16th Opal 444 - Nearly halfway there. Much to my dismay I let slip that I had a trading background, and now I've been appointed Expedition Leader. So much for the simple life.

23rd Obsidian 444 - Winter seems to be rather mild here, I was hoping for snow. Though it may be for the best, our map shows no stream at embark. We should be there in a little more than a week.

1st Granite - At last! We have embarked into a vale at the foot of a mountain. We decided to build into the earth and immediately struck Siltstone, a rather good sign. We started work immediately on the stores as sleeping quarters, not much more than a barracks to begin with.

24th Granite- We hit Magma! only a small pocket but Astesh Roundsabre has a giant grin on her face, well that's the impression she gave at least. After poking a skylight to confirm the perimeter we started planning for magma forges. Luckily we brought some bauxite with us.

29th Felsite - Storage has been completed as well as the first workshop wing. We started work on some proper rooms, sharing this barracks is starting to get on my nerves.

15th Hematite - Fire Opals galore! We seem to be in the middle of a large aggregate of them. Its too bad we don't have a jewel cutter.

3rd Malachite - Damned Kobolds, a thief made off with one of our ropes! We should have tied it to a dog, I'd like to see the kobold take it then!

14th Malachite - Immigrants! already? Only 4 but I guess the word of our jewels has gotten out. One is a miner, we set the peasant to hauling tasks right away and the rest formed the start of our military.

22nd Timber - That poor dwarf... Obak Boardbolts our immigrant peasant has been torn apart by harpies! They seemed to have chased him quite a ways as he was nearly out of our territory. Sadly the harpies are still out there, the other have been forbidden from retrieving him and all have been warned of Lurkbudded.

23rd Timber - I have personally seen to the start of a Tomb - I fear we will need it.

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Distanttombs - Knee deep in dead[dwarves]
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 05:10:50 am »

Got Caught up in world building. Will post rest of recorded history soon.