Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trading animals  (Read 582 times)

Mustachio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trading animals
« on: October 19, 2008, 10:16:17 pm »

Does anyone know how to get a civ to trade animals the way elves allegedly do? although i've never seen elves bring animals, it seems more likely that dwarves and humans would be willing to sell animals and i'd like to get them to.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trading animals
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 10:31:43 pm »

You can order some animals from the dwarves and humans already.  If you want to order animals from the Elves, there is a tag that the humans have, something like [Merchant_Nobility], which will make them send a Liasonish person who you can order stuff from.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Mustachio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 10:36:39 pm »

yeah, but i mean non-domestic animals, like giant desert scorpions and polar bears.

D_Malachi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 01:26:43 pm »

I'm assuming [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] would be the thing - they're the only stock-standard Entity with that in their profile. Tried playing as a Civ with this tag, and it allowed me to buy unusual wildlife (local, though) in adult, child, and war/hunting forms (where allowed) on embark, so I assume there's a connection.