Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Dwarf Civ and it's Elven King  (Read 2075 times)

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
My Dwarf Civ and it's Elven King
« on: October 14, 2008, 11:06:29 am »

Ok, first time ever, I made it to Mountainhome.  I look to see the king, and there it sits.  An E.  I have So-and-so-and-so-and-so, Elf King as my regent.

Well, fine, whatever.  That explains the elven liaison I kept getting.  However, the problem is that I can't seem to assign the guy the room I made for him.  He's just not on the list.  He's in the dining room just standing around, probably once his migrant status wears off he'll go crazy because his lessers have rooms while he does not.

I've assigned rooms during migrant status before.  What's up?

Edit:  Image.  Also, he's "Quick to anger".  I wonder how he felt walking past all the treestumps on the way to my fort.

Another edit:  Maybe he's the reason my group was named "The Frilly Boot".  Bloody elves.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 11:12:38 am by Dadamh »

Reyyvo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Dwarf Civ and it's Elven King
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 11:12:44 am »

hmm, time to dump him and hope for a dwarf?

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:14:30 am »

Do Kings get replaced?  I'd heard they did not.

Reyyvo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 11:21:06 am »

if he doesnt, that solves even more of the problem ;)

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 11:22:36 am »

He was born in an elven retreat that had been conquered by the dwarves, to a certain mother but uncertain father.  It's not really explained how he became King.  His history is basically "Born, became a thresher (weird profession for an elf), became leader of a military squad, killed some other elf, became ruler of the civ"

That elf is his only kill in about 150 years.

He keeps leading attacks but not killing anyone.  He's also worshiping a Titan, though it's "Dubious" worship.

I abandoned the fort (saved so I can view legends, then put the old save back) and he immediately became ruler of the migrant group.

I love the legends mode being so complete these days!

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 03:52:42 pm »

omg this world is doomed... an elf leads a dwarven civ :( thats against all dwarven ethics!
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 03:58:31 pm »

On the other hand, it could be seen as a victory for the dwarves, if they've managed to get an elf to eat meat and condone leveling the forest.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 04:17:29 pm »

Well, that, and he chose a mountainhome that consistently says no to limiting lumber industry and raises kittens as it's main foodstuff.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 04:21:37 pm »

World gen. The results can be quite interesting. There are a couple of topics like this btw.  ;)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 05:04:40 pm »

If you cant assign him a room check your units list, is he listed as friendly rather than one of your dwarfs? If so this is a known bug. (click the link in my sig)
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 05:15:05 pm »

World gen. The results can be quite interesting. There are a couple of topics like this btw.  ;)

Yeah, I know, but I preferred a new topic to effective thread necromancy.

I abandoned the fort.  I'll probably check in on the king in a couple years of world time to see where he went.

Edit:  Haha, the Titan he was worshipping was shot to death in my fort the year before he arrived.  That's got to be odd.  "Oh, you worship Id Taughtletter The Age of Forever?  Ha!  I killed her last year!  Small world!"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 05:19:22 pm by Dadamh »

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 05:26:29 pm »

grabbed for sig :>
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 06:32:50 pm »

That really is great.  I can just picture it.  Him rallying the whole nation, and calling on this huge crusade for, I dunno, "Dragon-tor" or something.  And this one section of the crowd just sort of looks at each other real shifty.

"Uh, Urist McKing?  We sort of...  ate Dragon-tor.  Urist McBonecrafter made a real nice...  was it a chair?  I think it was a chair.  Anyway, real nice chair.  Left wing-bone.  Super-comfy."
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 08:52:38 pm »

I laughed when I saw it.  At least it's 'dubious' worship on his legends page.  I guess it does hurt your faith when your god was made into crossbow bolts and shot at targets for practice.

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 09:48:35 pm »

I want a goblin king.....taht would be fun heh..... i can see the pisssed off dwarves wishing they had a dwarven king....but no, they get the goblin king.....tantrums anyone :D
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.