Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunting out the local wildlife.  (Read 1010 times)

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hunting out the local wildlife.
« on: October 07, 2008, 10:13:11 am »

I decided to try a fortress of hunter gatherers. No farming, only hunting and plant gathering.

My problem: my axe dwarf chopped about 50 unicorns into little pieces. each time he killed on group another would arrive but now my map is sterile. I haven't seen a living non sentient in about a year game time.

I was getting used to basing my economy on unicorns but they seem to be extinct. Will I ever see another? If I do see another group is it possible to edit the raws to make them breed like rabbits and then stick a pair in a locked room?

There's something wonderful about a hunter wearing nothing but unicorn leather, eating a unicorn roast with a unicorn-bone bow and unicorn bone bolts next to a unicorn skull totem.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting out the local wildlife.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 10:21:02 am »

I decided to try a fortress of hunter gatherers. No farming, only hunting and plant gathering.

My problem: my axe dwarf chopped about 50 unicorns into little pieces. each time he killed on group another would arrive but now my map is sterile. I haven't seen a living non sentient in about a year game time.

I was getting used to basing my economy on unicorns but they seem to be extinct. Will I ever see another? If I do see another group is it possible to edit the raws to make them breed like rabbits and then stick a pair in a locked room?

There's something wonderful about a hunter wearing nothing but unicorn leather, eating a unicorn roast with a unicorn-bone bow and unicorn bone bolts next to a unicorn skull totem.

You won't see any. Latest thread about this [2 days old  ::)]:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=25814.0

Once again, this is a known problem.