Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post your greatest waterworks!!!  (Read 1666 times)

Pi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post your greatest waterworks!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 01:37:42 am »

I've got a perpetual motion device feeding a pair of waterfalls in my dining room. It keeps running out of water, so I feed it form My primary Manifold, which has 12 outlets, and a control room, and can be pressurized from an aquifier 6 levels above.  How commonly known is it that aquifiers absorb water? I did some serious damage to my river that way.

I plan on putting another obsidian caisson to the side of my main entrance, and building a Giant Dixie Cup out of all this block I've got lying around. There will be a secondary mainfold just below surface level, and I hope to be able to dump enough water to push interlopers into the river, with the carps.

Maybe I'll try and tame some carp.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 03:47:53 am »

I am in the process of digging out a gigantic artificial lake with the purpose of making it look as much like a real lake as possible. Here is my work so far in the form of a map: http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-3636-gearedripe

It might not be considered a waterworks in the idea of pumps and such, but there will certainly be a lot of water involved.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 03:56:39 am »

I have my current water tower going which is my first attempt, 3 Z levels high with the 3rd level being the water holding area which leads to a 3x2 waterfall into the brook below. Its also my statue garden/zoo so all my dwarves go there to hang out and see the waterfall though.. there was some problems. The gear boxes are water tight and neither is the pump area so this causes the entire floor to overflow and it gets flooded around 1/7,2/7 but hey some metal grates in the floor i now have more waterfalls and everyone gets their swimming up! heh i dident intend for it to be a shower but when i put some iron grates beneath the waterfall i was really surprised at the number of dwarves who like to hang out under it.

pictures!

4rd floor water holding area, notice the preset channel which i had to scrap.

3rd floor, the finer workings i turn it on and off to affect repairs and to solve problems also it kills my FPS during sieges.

2nd floor where the magic is, notice the multiple floor grates, the muddy tiles and my titan cage.

OR http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-3637-hammercall
I eventually want to recreate the hanging gardens with central pumps overflowing multiple levels then cascading into a moat/underground resevoir.

*ooooh fancy map thingie! going to try and get that worken!*
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 04:09:21 am by arghy »

Sareth

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the lever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 07:07:53 pm »

I made some indoor docks, a giant 5 z-level cavern in which I built 2 boats, one a warship with a replenishable water supply, barracks, ballista deck, and a captains cabin, and another a cargoship, which was just a hull with 3 storage levels, a main deck, and a living area uptop.

Pi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 11:12:38 pm »

Most impressive, Fey dwarf. everything is better with pictures.
Pages: 1 [2]