Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elaborate suicides  (Read 575 times)

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
Elaborate suicides
« on: October 22, 2008, 05:39:01 pm »

For when you get tired of your fort and want to go out with a bang.

Personally this is my best, though it was semi-botched up by STUPID DWARVES.

Only 5 dwarves are left in my glacier fort. I settled on a huge 28-level-tall volcano, but there's no way to get more food. I'm hoping I can get this thing built before we all die of thirst.

Lever 'A' lowers the bridge (arrow). Note that bridges don't provide support.
Lever 'B' destroys the only thing holding up the whole platform, 3 supports underneath. Everything is made completely of ice and is dangling 16 stories above a pool of magma.

This is how it plays out:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-907-elaborateglaciersuicide

Only 3 dwarves were actually on the platform, one was on the threshold and fell when the bridge was retracted, and a miner escaped the fate completely. No-one was where they should be, because apparently they refused to move to a new meeting area inside the square area. They just stood around the old meeting area, being stupid. Drafting them didn't work. I even put their beds on the platform, but when they woke up they went straight back to the old meeting area...

So they all hit the ground around the magma pool. Lame.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Re: Elaborate suicides
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 06:23:19 pm »

My favourite was fairly simple I punctured the magma pipe above the entrance to my fortress (Twin magmafalls ftw!) and the brook near the back, my dwarfs were trapped and either incinerated drowned or stuck in rooms 1 z-level above the magma flow were they starved to death. I just had this great mental image when I saw my manager and a couple of other dwarfs huddled in his office slowly starving to death as the heat from the magma cooks them.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.