Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blood and bones - a question  (Read 1059 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blood and bones - a question
« on: October 30, 2008, 07:58:59 pm »

So i got this nice idea to make a city out of bones and skulls and thus need to mod the posibility to use said resources and in my inexperience i do not want to mess something up which is partly why i'm asking here.
The other reason would be about the sesonal vomit and blood cleaning, which unfortunately i think is hardcoded but it wont hurt asking anyway.
Is it possible to remove the cleaning of blood at all, or more desirable - no cleaning indoors

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blood and bones - a question
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 09:18:54 am »

So i got this nice idea to make a city out of bones and skulls and thus need to mod the posibility to use said resources and in my inexperience i do not want to mess something up which is partly why i'm asking here.

This can be done by using the smelter to create a stone called bone out of bones and skulls. I'll let someone who has the relevant bits of code explain it.

The other reason would be about the sesonal vomit and blood cleaning, which unfortunately i think is hardcoded but it wont hurt asking anyway.
Is it possible to remove the cleaning of blood at all, or more desirable - no cleaning indoors

Blood and vomit outside will always eventually disappear at the season changes, but you can actually turn off indoors cleaning without any modding - just turn off the "cleaning" labor for all of your dwarves in game.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 01:21:45 pm »

I have made reactions before and the script is easy to find but i thought that there might be a way to mark bones and skulls as usable for contructions, like wood.
I've never seen any dwarves actually clean things and it always dissappear after the season change, even indoors.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 08:52:59 pm »

I have made reactions before and the script is easy to find but i thought that there might be a way to mark bones and skulls as usable for contructions, like wood.
I've never seen any dwarves actually clean things and it always dissappear after the season change, even indoors.

Reactions that change the bones and/or skulls into bone/skull "stones" are the only way.
Seasons clean everything, even indoors, AFAIK.

And on an unrelated note, the raws are not called scripts.
We don't script our mods to DF, we mod them.
We modify the tokens within the raws, yes indeed.
(Sorry, just pains me when people use the wrong term for something..  Scripting involves scripts.  Obviously.)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries