Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minor question  (Read 771 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minor question
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:36:44 pm »

What would one search for in the DFFD in order to find the nifty mod/utilitie that lets you view combat logs in fortress mode? I'd like to have it ready for the epic siege that just arrived on my borders. If it helps rattle your memories: I'm up against three champion speargobbos clad in masterwork iron, 15 goblin crossbowman, 9 mixed (sword and spear) and 20 beak dogs. My forces are 2 competent marksdwarves, armed with exceptional crossbows and normal steel bolts, and 3 swordsdwarves decked out in full masterwork steel. I've got the reserves prepped as a just-in-case, but with the two marksdwarves firing out onto the bridge, the 6 cage traps, and the arrow shield I feel I just might win. If you're curious, remember that I'm only running it once I have the file.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

DigitalSin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minor question
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 08:57:43 pm »

Dwarf Companion does that. Just make sure to resist the temptation to cheat ;]

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 09:17:25 pm »

Dwarf Companion is far too buggy on my computer for some reason, and I've already got Dtil for whenever I want to smuggle in some things  ;). I was browsing through the movie site and saw a ton of comments remarking about a standalone .exe that did this, and was curious as standalone = no DC.

DigitalSin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 02:27:24 am »

Oh.. In that case, I second sonerohi's request. The temptation to cheat is far too great with DC :[

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 09:40:11 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=57 has a standalone exe

I don't know if it will work with the current version or not.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 03:22:01 pm »

Thanks wiles, once I get to my home computer I'm gonna get that downloaded and update y'all on the epic siege.

Edit: AVG is having a bitch fit over me trying to download the file, so until someone helps me turn off AVG, no dice. I've currently only tried to disable the resident scanner.

Took me forever to critique my IE settings to just right so that I could download it. Thanks again wiles, battle reports will come in soon.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 07:23:35 am by sonerohi »