Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: -Problem Solved-  (Read 878 times)

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-Problem Solved-
« on: September 28, 2008, 09:53:53 pm »

-Disregard this thread, the problem has been solved, thanks guys!-
This is probably the wrong place, but...

I recently genned a few worlds, modded, regenned etc... I decided I liked one so I ran it, played it, had some fun. But when I went to play it again later I could only find 3 of the worlds I had genereated. The other one didn't exist. So I genned again, same thing. Worked fine initially, then dissappeared of the menu the second time.

Is there something I'm missing?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:12:07 pm by Kay »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Only three worlds?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 09:56:19 pm »

This would probably go in the bugs section. Doesn't look like anything that should be happening.

Spoggerific

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:56:24 pm »

I've had over eight worlds available at once before, so I know if there's a hard-coded cap on the number of worlds available, three is not it. I don't know what your problem is, however... Have you checked your Dwarf Fortress saves folder, rather than just looking in the game menu for the save?

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 09:59:08 pm »

All the worlds are in the saves folder, I count 6. But I can't access them all in the in game menu.

Spoggerific

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 10:01:32 pm »

All the worlds are in the saves folder, I count 6. But I can't access them all in the in game menu.
Have you tried moving some of the saves somewhere else and looking in game again?

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 10:05:26 pm »

Well, I'm not really sure where I could move them, but even getting rid of one of the ones I CAN see in game from the saves folder doesn't do anything, just removes that one.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 10:06:14 pm »

If you have a save on a world you can't start a new game in it. Have you tried the continue game option instead?

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 10:07:44 pm »

Did you abandon the forts on those worlds?

You can't have two forts in the same world.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 10:08:37 pm »

If you have a save on a world you can't start a new game in it. Have you tried the continue game option instead?
Hmm, I didn't know that. I'll see if that's the issue. I've been playing my fort on the most recent world off and on the way you stated, so this might just be another case of my unlearned self not knowing everything about the game yet.

Edit: Indeed this was the problem - Thanks to all of you for educating a noob. I apprieciate it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:11:00 pm by Kay »