Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Challenge fortress - Samurai Fortress  (Read 4538 times)

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge fortress - Samurai Fortress
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2008, 04:42:48 am »

I propose modifying the chalange rules to fix the sword/spear issue.

-All Non-Champion dwarves (common soldiers) must use spears.

-All Champion dwarves (Samurai) must use swords.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2008, 04:51:03 am »

Scottish people are so manly they can wear dresses and still be manly. Oh, and bows are unbalanced, so we can't accept them as the best weapon. not until they don't fire rapidly. Anyways, you're a troll for disagreeing with me so I'm not gonna talk to you any more. And mongols suck.
Actually I'm a troll hunter. Have some trophies here. Hunt 'em in Scandivinia, oh it is so cold there, except when we fighting. Flame everywhere! $$Human Leather Sock$$ also appeared out of the trolls' mouth. Orgh.

Also, because you said Mongols suck, you are also a troll. Beware! I will send the rabbis to there. Mossad!

Samurai can use everything, from dagger to maul, if needed too. No, what I suggest is : Samurai: Standing Military, Non-Samurai: Militia. Just put the scale armor only on the Samurais, and all exceptional quality weapon and shield to them too, and all set!

Oh yeah, mod first so dwarves (or use men) can use bows, since there is no crossbow in Nihon, 500 years ago.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2008, 06:00:07 am »

Scottish people are so manly they can wear dresses and still be manly. Oh, and bows are unbalanced, so we can't accept them as the best weapon. not until they don't fire rapidly. Anyways, you're a troll for disagreeing with me so I'm not gonna talk to you any more. And mongols suck.
Actually I'm a troll hunter. Have some trophies here. Hunt 'em in Scandivinia, oh it is so cold there, except when we fighting. Flame everywhere! $$Human Leather Sock$$ also appeared out of the trolls' mouth. Orgh.

Also, because you said Mongols suck, you are also a troll. Beware! I will send the rabbis to there. Mossad!

Samurai can use everything, from dagger to maul, if needed too. No, what I suggest is : Samurai: Standing Military, Non-Samurai: Militia. Just put the scale armor only on the Samurais, and all exceptional quality weapon and shield to them too, and all set!

Oh yeah, mod first so dwarves (or use men) can use bows, since there is no crossbow in Nihon, 500 years ago.

You're going off topic and spamming, you troll! You menace with spikes of spam! Why don't you get off the forums and bow to the scottish like you should. I've got more posts than you sonny jim. You better agree with my point of view! You're also clearly a terrorist because mongols=arabs=extremist factions. So your opinions are undemocratic unless you agree with me.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2008, 09:03:50 am »

Don't the weapons get locked in once they hit champion? Or was it just when they reach a certain skill level in the weapon type? Regardless, it won't work since they won't have any sword skill until it doesn't matter.

No, what I suggest is : Samurai: Standing Military, Non-Samurai: Militia. Just put the scale armor only on the Samurais, and all exceptional quality weapon and shield to them too, and all set!

I like the idea of militia using spears, but militia in df usually consists of woodcutters or miners since you usually need their help before they can go and pick up weapons. I'll just change it so that you have to have as many or more swordsdwarves than speardwarves.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2008, 09:52:39 am »

If I remember correctly, one of the reasons for the crazy amount of work that went into katanas was the relatively poor quality of the iron found in (the ground in) Japan.  Basically the metal was weaker so it was more worthwhile to make better weapons. 

True or not, that would fit well with DF

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2008, 01:47:43 pm »

Epic post, page 2

You are my hero and I want a sex change just so I can have your babies.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2008, 03:25:03 pm »

Thanks for the compliment. I'm flattered.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]