Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Found a magma pit... cant build magma buildings[40d]  (Read 538 times)

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Found a magma pit... cant build magma buildings[40d]
« on: September 20, 2008, 02:07:23 am »

This may be related to magma depth its 4/7 and i'm running mikes tileset but i dont even have the option. I thought it might fix itself after season change but it hasent- i also found the magma pool useing reveal.exe could that be it? This fortress is beautiful(and i got the embark editor working) but this is really pissing me off hehe, i'll try un-revealing it then see if it works.

BatCountry

• Bay Watcher
  • We can't stop here...
    • View Profile
Re: Found a magma pit... cant build magma buildings[40d]
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 02:16:44 am »

Yeah. It has to do with reveal.

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Utilities#Enable_Magma_Buildings

That will enable the magma buildings for you, since reveal.exe broke the event which is supposed to enable them.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 02:41:47 am »

Thanks so much haha had me so scared hehe this fortress rocks cause its my first fortress... with WAR CATS!

*edit* depending on what program you used with reveal you can hide a tile of magma then channel above it, i used Dtil to hide a title of magma and floor then channeled the floor and found the magma.*
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 02:55:21 am by arghy »

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 03:24:20 am »

I believe reveal.exe also breaks the entire "the king arrives" bit that crops up when you strike adamantium. Does it also break the "hidden fun stuff"?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 03:29:36 pm »

I have yet to find adamantine but i'd imagine you'd just need to do the above method of hiding a tile then mining it out.