Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist Hauler cancels store item in stockpile: Interuppted by Fire Imp  (Read 1035 times)

Lostereadamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everything is going fine in my fortress, except for the perennial fire imp that decides to spawn in my living area. Its two tiles away from a magma tube, but there are is no access to the tube aside from about 5 levels up, and that has a fortification to keep the imps out. The only way into my fortress leads through the main work area, so i know he isnt just sneaking down from above. Only conclusion I can come to is that the game is spawning him in there. Playing latest Mayday set. This ever happen to anyone else?
[Their shields are thick, their swords are sharp, and they are clad in the bones and skins of those who dared to stand against Depthhall. This beast's hide will clothe an army, it's meat will feed generations. This time the beast does not win. The dwarves will have their fortress. Losing is fun, motherfucker.]

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist Hauler cancels store item in stockpile: Interuppted by Fire Imp
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 07:19:03 pm »

Well I know that regular cave spiders can apparently go through 1 tile think undug walls. Beyond that I'm not sure, though I think I've heard of gobs in the fort from building to close to the edge of map.

Lostereadamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:50:40 pm »

Its not a huge deal, just annoying. I guess ill just station some dwarves with dogs down there or somthing.
[Their shields are thick, their swords are sharp, and they are clad in the bones and skins of those who dared to stand against Depthhall. This beast's hide will clothe an army, it's meat will feed generations. This time the beast does not win. The dwarves will have their fortress. Losing is fun, motherfucker.]

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 07:05:05 am »

Oh god do I hate fire imps. Did you know in recent versions fire imps are butcherable?

I didn't.

Also they explode flaming fat when they are butchered.

My butcher shop was near my booze pile.

All that was left of the butcher was a pair of smoking shoes.
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 09:51:17 am »

Oh god do I hate fire imps. Did you know in recent versions fire imps are butcherable?

I didn't.

Also they explode flaming fat when they are butchered.

My butcher shop was near my booze pile.

All that was left of the butcher was a pair of smoking shoes.

Someone should make a picture!
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.