Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suiting Titles  (Read 1269 times)

ChazzyBurger

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist cancels return kill:Interrupted by zombie
    • View Profile
Suiting Titles
« on: July 31, 2008, 08:21:50 am »

Hello all (First Topic :D)

I've just had a huge goblin siege, three pages of goblins, and won without any casualities :D

anyway, during the fight, I made a sally against the forces, and the charge was led by my macelord, Reg Sazirdolush, who held the goblins at a bridge over a channel

All the goblins went after her, and I thought she was dead, until I got the message "Reg Sazirdolush has gone into a martial trance!" From there on, she slaughtered 7 goblins before they began to run away

From her deed, she got a thing after her name "Reg BridgeBear"

I find it rather suiting :D

Has anyone else gotten Titles that resemble deads done by the person who gets them?
Perpeptual Motion Machines

Dwarf Fortress' way of saying "Up Yours!" to physics

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suiting Titles
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 09:20:09 am »

my champion marks dwarf got  something about coward

he'd sit up in his little tower next to his huge ammo stockpile and shoot any varmit that came close.

Crushy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 03:47:19 am »

For some reason I always get into the Fortress guard people with awesome squad names  :-\

And my champions are usualy some really weird dwarf... I once had one Axedwarf from the first immigration wave who never got promoted beyond that, and the Mace guards I hired were already champions after about 2 years.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 10:33:18 am »

Thread necromancy, i know, but still...

the elves just came to trade, and got ambushed. They lost 2 merchants and went away angry... seconds later i noticed 1 of my wrestlers had earned a title in this fight.

From now on, Zefon Twinkleletters will be known as "The Uncertainty of Trade"!
Great stuff, judging by the title it might have been him slaying those elves. Or at least he had fun watching them die. That's a good dwarf.

Spoggerific

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 01:02:38 pm »

Necroing an old thread is better than starting a new one.

One of my best adventurerers was named something like Urist Stonefortress after he slaughtered a few entire towns and took not a single wound. Rather fitting, I say.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 02:32:34 pm »

I had a character who killed 13 goblins in a row. He was only trying to escape, but the entire fort followed him out across a flat desert. This lead to an epic battle where he ran from the fortress, swatting at any goblin who caught up. There were many more who just lost limbs than dying, but it was a 13 count kill, giving Shiny Reinbows, The Legendary Vestibule of Slaughter.    Awesome.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 03:41:39 pm »

Necroing an old thread is better than starting a new one.

Very true..I wish that more people would use the search feature on the forum.. ;)