Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Packaging Win  (Read 2553 times)

Konis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Packaging Win
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 12:18:56 pm »

Failblog.org is like many other websites. An interesting portrait beside a pile of dog shit. Most people walk up and admire the portrait because it has some value to them, usually humour. Other people on the other hand feel an excruciating urge to step in the shit, and once they do they track it all over the floor on their way out the door.

Come for the fail, stay for the laughs, leave before the shitstorm.  ;)

The DF forums are nothing like this.

Yes, and yes.  Also?  Yes.  Can't be said better.

In keeping with the (new) comment, I'd like to toss out the youtube Comment Snob:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7115

People have already seen it, probably, but as far as ideas / executions go, I just find it really funny.  It hides comment with too much / little punctuation, too much / little capitalization, etc, etc, etc.  I need one for all of life.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 04:17:37 pm »

I hang around a message board called LUE. I seriously, seriously doubt anyone here's heard of it, but it's a Gamefaqs social board that got locked, oh, four years or so ago. Average intelligence and maturity skyrocketed. So it's about as mature as these boards. If not more-so because LUE doesn't get the occasional troll or spammer.

Other then that, the only other place I actually post somewhat regularly on is here. I'm actually fairly insulated from the stupidity of the internet.

Life, Universe, Everything. Certainly the best thing Gamefaqs has ever given us, since Gamefaqs is the crowning achievment of shitty forums. LUE is older than 4 years, btw. That was around when I found Gamefaqs, and LUE had already been locked by then. There was still the uhh.. what was it, Mystical Ninja or whatever Secret Board. Plus the Shaq Fu board. Hehe.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 04:57:54 am »

In keeping with the (new) comment, I'd like to toss out the youtube Comment Snob:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7115

People have already seen it, probably, but as far as ideas / executions go, I just find it really funny.  It hides comment with too much / little punctuation, too much / little capitalization, etc, etc, etc.  I need one for all of life.

Snobby comments/elitists are even worse.  Know a plugin to get rid of those?
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 08:04:44 pm »

Failblog? I'm one of the people that thinks that funny pictures are just as funny, if not more funny without the retarded "FAIL" on there.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 08:20:19 pm »

Yeah, the cheezburger network is an abomination.  It's what happens when about 20-100 of the PC guy from those Mac commercials lurk on 4chan for a while.
Shoes...

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 09:47:58 pm »

I hang around a message board called LUE. I seriously, seriously doubt anyone here's heard of it, but it's a Gamefaqs social board that got locked, oh, four years or so ago. Average intelligence and maturity skyrocketed. So it's about as mature as these boards. If not more-so because LUE doesn't get the occasional troll or spammer.

Other then that, the only other place I actually post somewhat regularly on is here. I'm actually fairly insulated from the stupidity of the internet.

LUE has absolutely stagnated. Not like LL is much better, but I vastly prefer it. Besides, GFAQs sure as hell isn't a fun place to be anymore no matter the board. Even CjayC agrees with me on that one.
Pages: 1 [2]