Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is this a feature or a bug?  (Read 724 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Is this a feature or a bug?
« on: September 16, 2008, 06:05:55 pm »

O.K, so I feel like back dropping here. As I feel I may have started these problems or awesome coincidences by my own adventurer's actions. I will be short.

So I built a fotress, good fort 50+ dwarfs, abandoned it after mayor ordered black bronze items,(don't ask), started adventure mode as axe dwarf, raided old fort twice for sheilds, amunition, etc, traveled the world; met intresting creatures than killed them, went back to old fort; found migrating party a bit north, decided to kill them for lulz,(none of my soldiers fought back though, bunch of cat loving pansies), so I managed to kill the lot of them, and atleast twenty or so of them ran off to Armok knows where.

So here is where it gets a bit intresting, I could think that my dwarfs ran off together, and setteled in an elf community,(good god, what kind of dwarfs did I raise?), but it's not as bad as you think. I can swear by DF that they are my dwarfs, as there is a legendary grower leading the place,(quite sure), at first I thought it was a wood cutter.

Anyway the place is very intresting. First of all many of the inhabitant elfs are weilding metal weapons, nothing special though, as elfs use what they find, but I do wonder where they got them. Though what REALLY! suprised me was a few odd things.

Pics related:

This is the character inventory screen for a legendary elf hammerer. Yes a legendary elf hammerer who defys, and shatters all old elf logic. I got him to join too, awesomeness.

Though wait there is more! An elf metal crafter, WTF!? ???

I also had a picture of an elf guard clad in steel too, but I lost it. :( I also couldn't get him to join. :'(

I will admit that there is a dwarf civilization to the south, and I am quite aware that they have, or maybe been at war with the elfs. Also, to be honest I have only spotted I believe two of my original dwarfs here, I could be wrong; they havn't attacked me despite me killing thirty or so of their friends. I also don't know how the civilization interaction works so this may be... normal?

I will provide the save file. Hold on...

Please note I don't know how to do uploadings so I could have fuged up the compressed folder. Also my svchost.exe has been slurping up resources like no tommarow,(among a few other things you don't need to know, BUT ARE BAD!).

So, try to be careful with my save. Sorry if I gave you aids; in advance. :( I wrote this part cause Toady makes this game, and needs to investigate bugs.

LINKY.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:12:31 pm by Creamcorn »
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a feature or a bug?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 06:13:33 pm »

There are no resource stockpiles yet, so it doesn't bother fretting over professions outside choosing them from the list in the entity raws.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 06:15:06 pm »

There are no resource stockpiles yet, so it doesn't bother fretting over professions outside choosing them from the list in the entity raws.

So I'm an idiot? ???
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 07:27:46 pm »

No, you're just not the obsessive devotee you'd need to be to track every bizarre quirk DF has acquired. I mean, I am, and Draco is, but you don't have to be.

But yeah, they're just elves in a dwarven civ. I guess the dwarves conquered an elven settlement?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 03:36:42 pm »

No, you're just not the obsessive devotee you'd need to be to track every bizarre quirk DF has acquired. I mean, I am, and Draco is, but you don't have to be.

But yeah, they're just elves in a dwarven civ. I guess the dwarves conquered an elven settlement?

No it's still a forest retreat. Though I'm sure the dwarf psyche is more previlent in that society.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 04:47:37 pm »

Could be a forest retreat that the dwarves took over for some reason, thereby transplanting dwarven culture to an elvish settlement.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels