Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lazy Miners  (Read 404 times)

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
Lazy Miners
« on: September 15, 2008, 12:13:09 am »

With 40d I've been having a recurring problem with my miners across severall fortresses...

At first they will be fine, but after a while (usually about midway through first summer) all but one of them stop working.  They just stand around the meeting area with "No Job" while the remaining miner does all of the mining.  I have enough picks, tons of accesible ming jobs,  and I tried turning off all of their other jobs, draft/undrafting them, saving and reloading etc... But still only one will work at a time.  Maybe they lost their picks somehow.  I had enough picks to start with...

I put them on millitary duty for a little while before I had the problem, maybe the picks got embedded in some zombie mountain goats and I just didn't notice?

Cryten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Miners
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 07:12:23 am »

Could you be experiencing the weapon forbidden problem thats been cropping up lately?

Otherwise I can only suggest that you post a save for diagnosis.
One thing I think today may ask is if this is reproducable with any reliability?

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 10:42:07 am »

Yeah, I've noticed that picks easily become forbidden if they're used in combat. Pretty much if a weapon gets stuck in an enemy, then it becomes forbidden. I guess this is to encourage soldiers to go get new weapons instead of wrestling zombies to death?
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Chrispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 11:19:14 am »

There's an option, in the 'O'ptions menu to change this.
Quote from: Toady
"This suggestion is very broad."
≡«+large yellow diamond+»≡
On the item is an exceptionally designed image of a diamond in yellow diamond.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 12:43:15 pm »

I've had picks forbidden without a foe in sight, so it's not just that. You just need to keep an eye on your weapon stocks.