Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Most beautifully doomed baby snatcher ever  (Read 2807 times)

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most beautifully doomed baby snatcher ever
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 01:48:02 pm »

In the first fort that I had survive past the opening stages, I had deployed my military in anti-ambush mode when I got the "Snatcher! Protect the children!" message.  I looked at the snatcher, and he had been spotted trying to snatch a baby right out of its mother's arms.

Its Axedwarf mother's arms.

Its Legendary Axedwarf mother's arms.

I had to cut down trees growing 2 z-levels up to get to some of the chunks ;D
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 04:39:29 pm »

I can't seem to find the story I posted a while ago about the countess or baronness who woke up in her quarters to find a goblin thief trying to make off with her baby.  She punched its lights out (the goblin's) and then proceeded to slowly, agonizingly, break every bone in its body and gouge both its eyes out.  By the time the guard showed up, it was too late.

I had a bunch of thieves go down my central stairwell in that fortresss, I never quite figured out how.  But it went by the barracks, so they never had a chance.

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 05:41:54 pm »

my current fortress has a  courtyard with a zigzagging path full of max weapon traps ( the rest filled with channels) and a depot at one end. This is surrounded by a shooting gallery a couple of z-levels up with fortifacations all round in which my marksdwarves were all stationed. when an ambush decided to appear in this court yard there just so happened to be a human caravan in the depot with all its gaurds. The carnage that ensued was hilarious mainly because chunks of goblin were sent flying in all directions getting lodged several z-levels up in the fortifications, so that there was literally only about 4 blocks of fortification without some sort of decaying body part suck within. The ensuing stench must've been pretty bad since the dwarves couldnt remove the chunks from the fortifications. Still i like to think it looks threatening to any invading goblins, to see the skeletons of their kin jammed into any nook and cranny in a ring of sure death above them.
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

Yourself86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 10:09:59 pm »

"AND STAY OUT!"

Sorry for spam but: "Made my day!"

The story in itself is hilarious, but that comment complemented it perfectly :D
Pages: 1 [2]