Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slipery little dwarves  (Read 755 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Slipery little dwarves
« on: September 06, 2008, 06:03:26 pm »

So one of my peasants was caught just outside of my hallway by an ambush. As the game sits paused I lament that I'll likely have to savescum (I need all the dwarves I can get right now) but unpaused to just to see what happens. Heres a picture of roughly where they were.

About six goblins arrayed somewhere in that circle area and poor Tosid on the edge where that blue mark is. What did he do? He darted right through the middle of the fucking bastards and got over the traps before they could catch him. He isn't even agile at all. Right now the goblins are having fun in my traps and this makes an excellent addition to my story  ;D Anyone else have situations like this?

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slipery little dwarves
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 07:25:04 pm »

My idiotic cretins usually run in random directions the instant a hostile gets near them. That is, any direction but one that leads to traps, or safety. And if they actually manage to get out of range of them, they turn right back towards them.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 10:13:15 am »

My idiotic cretins usually run in random directions the instant a hostile gets near them. That is, any direction but one that leads to traps, or safety. And if they actually manage to get out of range of them, they turn right back towards them.

No kidding! During the last goblin ambush, one of my dwarves had a clear path to safety, but he ran at a slight angle to that path, instead, and trapped himself against the side of the map. Two others dithered about which entrance they should use - one clearly in the direction of safety and one with goblins exiting en masse (it's a long story) - until a bowman shot and crippled each of them.

I'm absolutely amazed that a dwarf would do ANYTHING right, especially when surprised by goblins!

Bill

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 08:50:54 pm »

I'm absolutely amazed that a dwarf would do ANYTHING right, especially when surprised by goblins!

Bill

Little dude just had to fetch that sock, ya know? Come gobbos or high magma.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 01:23:35 am »

I've had a Gobbo do that against my military. He was a hammer lord, though, which is why he wasn't killed instantly. Infact,the bugger was so tough that the only way my men could really hurt him was to throw him into that handy 20z level pit there.
Magma is overrated.