Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What to do with caged goblin  (Read 770 times)

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What to do with caged goblin
« on: September 06, 2008, 08:27:08 pm »

OK, I managed to cage-trap a goblin wrestler from the latest ambush. He's currently sitting in my dining room; not sure if people are happy or upset to see him there.

Anyway, I really don't care for having goblins around my fort. I'd like to dump this one but keep the cage. Can I mark the goblin for dumping and not the cage? Or if I mark the cage for dumping will the goblin go in there too? What are the options here?
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with caged goblin
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 08:51:18 pm »

WELL

First, build his cage, and then attach him to a mechanism.

Station your military dwarves all around, pull lever, ???,Profit!
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:39:53 pm »

Or put him into a labyrinth of death to test weapon traps, that leads from the Labyrinth to freedom :D

One path (not the shortest one) has only weak weapon traps and would let him probably escape alive.
All other pathes have nice weapons like giant axe blades, serrated discs, menacing spikes (but just one weapon in each trap).
Put Goblin cage at the beginning of the labyrinth, connect it to lever, pull lever (donīt forget to make it impossible for him to escape into the fortress before you do this ;) ) and observe ;D

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 10:34:53 pm »

Well I heres a pic of what i do

One room for just killing, the other for letting my dwarves do the killing. If you knowticed I have some humans in my stockpile well, I'm on year three and got two ambushes preceded by at about 4-5 snatchers that were lead by humans. Apperently theres two human civs and I'm only friendly with one (No idea whats going to happen with whichever one it was that attacked me). heres a pic of the aftermath

edit: just counted, looks like it was 4 snatchers and 8 other gobs not including the ones that got away when their leader was captured (3?) that are dead. And most of those cages are filled, the pic took right between the flash of captured to cage.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:12:04 pm by userpay »

Jintor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 02:04:43 am »

I made a pit and filled it full of war dogs. Then I toss goblins in.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 02:57:49 am »

If it weren't for the fact that they clog up the unit list, i'd keep all my goblins, and save them for some epic gorefest by pitting 30 or so against a single champion at once. 50 if the champion has adamatine.
Magma is overrated.

Eatnobles4breakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 03:32:31 am »

what you should be able to do is pit/pond it, so you could put it into the lava (you do have lava, don't you?) or you could save it untill you can trap some kobolds or vicious animals in an arena, then dump the gobbo in and watch...
Dastog Eatsnobles is posessed with a lazy mood!
Dastog Eatsnobles cancels be useful: in a lazy mood
Dastog Eatsnobles has claimed a wooden couch!
Dastog Eatsnobles is now a legendary peasant!