Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40c] Item occupancy VS Fluid moving item  (Read 548 times)

Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40c] Item occupancy VS Fluid moving item
« on: September 06, 2008, 01:02:34 pm »

A rather strange bug i noticed while using my waterpowered self cleaning siege entrance. its basically a long tunnel leading to a bridge over the chasm that can be filled with water from the river one level above (god i love water traps ^^). so when the bridge is raised and the floodgates are open, all kinds of crap (narrow leather clothes, corpses, gobbos) will be flushed from the tunnel directly into the chasm beyond.

when some elven traders arrived, i searched for GCS-clothes in the trade depotīs item list. to my surprise, a lot of narrow goblin wear was listed, but on a close distance where there should not be any. i ordered my dwarves to get some of them, and they went to the freshly flushed siege entrance, exactly to the spot where the clothes were BEFORE they were flushed down the chasm, and picked them up out of thin air. i tried multiple times to be sure.

there was absoluteley nothing on the tile except the weapon traps i set up and the dwarves picked up items that dropped into a chasm the last season out of thin air. maybe it has something to do with item occupancy vs item being swept away by fluids...

Heres my savegame for testing.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-1094398/save.zip.html

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40c] Item occupancy VS Fluid moving item
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 04:35:22 pm »

Sounds similar to this, though it's funny that they were apparently able to retrieve items that had been flushed down the chasm...
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 01:40:43 am »

Hmmm... strange too. Perhaps fluids screw up items in some way, causing them to disappear visually but not changing their position afterall. ive seen how the stuff was flushed away, but it was still on spot kinda but not visible with k either. maybe the bug is in the trade depot?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 07:40:12 pm »

What stage is the save game at?  I had a report similar to this before but couldn't reproduce it after pushing items around for a while, and the information on already-affected items isn't telling.  Is the game after all the pushing has happened?  I need to catch it in the act somehow.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!