Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40c] Crash dependent on mystery event  (Read 583 times)

SquidDNA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40c] Crash dependent on mystery event
« on: September 01, 2008, 02:42:44 pm »

Okay I have this savegame which is due to crash when something particular happens (I estimate a few game days from the current date.) I don't know what, naturally.

Possible issues:
1) I have an invading human "bandit army" which I have never seen before, so I don't know if there's something they should do that isn't working.
2) I have a water regulation system in place, but that seems pretty well tested at this point. The water is runoff from murky pools which feeds into a well cistern, but I've seen people drinking from the well with no problem. It's possible the water goes stagnant, which would be reminiscent of the original well bug, but again, pretty well sorted out since then, right?
3) It's possible someone is giving birth to the antichrist. Meaning, that's the only other timed event I can think of-- pregnancy.

Savegame: https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/4931/region2.rar

Help much appreciated!
Relicnews Forums Fleet Biologist

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
Re: [40c] Crash dependent on mystery event
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 03:40:10 pm »

'Bandit Army'? I haven't heard of them, did you mod them in, or did I miss a release note.

SquidDNA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 03:49:34 pm »

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Siege#Humans

I call them bandits because they're wearing leather armor and I am not at war with the humans according to the civilization menu.
Relicnews Forums Fleet Biologist

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 06:45:16 pm »

Sounds like the campfire bug, where the game crashes when the fires go out.  They did light campfires, didn't they?  Anyway, it's fixed for the next version.
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?