Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40c] strand extractors and stairways to nowhere  (Read 1301 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40c] strand extractors and stairways to nowhere
« on: September 01, 2008, 12:26:58 pm »

playing some adventure mode in 40c.  noticed two things that might be bugs:

1 - visited a dwarf city.  met an adamantium strand extractor.  can world-gen cities strike adamantium?  should he have been there if they hadnt?  is it a bug?  is it NOT a bug and if i started up a colony from that civ, could i ORDER adamantium?  that would be the tits, huh?

2 - left that dwarf city and took a tunnel to another one.  on arrival, the stairs up did not connect.  this seemed to have something to do with multiple tunnel placement.  attend:

z +0:  updown stairs not connected to the level underneath.
z -1:  tunnel going another direction to some other dwarf city.  no stairs, hole in roof.
z -2:  tunnel i came from.

i can provide the save, if needed.  i think its clear though that the stairs to the lower tunnel were cut off when the upper tunnel was placed on the map, or something like that.  so i shant bother uploading unless its requested or otherwise helpful.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [40c] strand extractors and stairways to nowhere
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 06:49:51 pm »

There are no resource stockpiles yet, so it doesn't bother fretting over professions outside choosing them from the list in the entity raws.  This slated for dev_next under Caravan Arc Preliminaries, I: Store resource counts at sites, controlled by map properties and world gen professions, and in armies (Core38), and hopefully the site professions will make more sense once that's checked off.

I'll note down the tunnel problem.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!